Thanks to a partnership between tve and GBTimes media group’s Sino, radio listeners across London, and online globally, have been kept up to date with the big environment and development debates of the day.
tve’s executive director, Cheryl Campbell has been a regular guest on GBTimes’ Sino, and each month she has been joined by experts from the fields of climate change, fair-trade, disasters and emergencies, biodiversity and business sustainability.
Sino’s Greg Flucker, tve‘s Cheryl Campbell and Ben Stansfield, Vice-Chair of the UK Environmental Law Association. Photo: Rollo Gordon
Guests have included
- Ben Stansfield, in charge of the Environment and Planning law team at the law firm of Stephenson Harwood, and Vice-Chair of the UK Environmental Law Association talking about the legal aspects of the climate change agreement in Paris in 2015.
- Sustainability expert Oliver Rothschild talks about sustainable business practice and innovation, and the power of film to inspire change.
- Salli Felton, executive director of the Travel Foundation, and Graeme Jackson, Head of Partnerships at the Travel Foundation. The company won the Judge’s Special Recognition Award at the this year’s Global Sustainability Film Awards, and talk on the show about sustainable tourism.
- Jens Ambsdorf, Executive Director of the Lighthouse Foundation in Germany which is funding work globally on sustainable development for coastal communities.
- Peter Madden OBE, Chief Executive of Future Cities Catapult discussing technology for future cities
- Neil Thorns, Director of Advocacy and Communications at CAFOD and Chair of the Climate Coalition
- Nick Nuttall, Head of Communications and Outreach and Spokesperson for the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change headquartered in Bonn, Germany
- Jamie Drummond, Co-founder and executive director of One discussing the Third International Conference on Financing for Development in Addis Ababa in July 2015, looking forward to the Sustainable Development Goals, and reviewing the Millennium Development Goals
- Stefan Geyer, Chair of the Permaculture Association discussing the 2015 International Permaculture Conference in London, the International Year of Soils, and biodiversity
- Jehangir Malik, executive director of Islamic Relief UK, recorded in the immediate aftermath of the Nepal earthquake, focusing on the challenges of modern disasters, and how disaster mitigation and preparedness is included in the Sustainable Development Goals. Watch the video online.
- Camilla Toulmin, executive director of the International Institute for Environment and Development: Camilla is an expert on desertification. She discussed land in the context of climate change, and the climate talks in Paris in December, and the importance of soil in the International Year of Soils. Camilla also made two live reports from COP21 in France in December.
- Cheryl McGechie from the Fairtrade Foundation who focused on Fairtrade Fortnight, fair-trade and how consumers can get involved
- Saleh Saeed, executive director of the UK’s Disasters Emergency Committee: he gave an update on the Ebola crisis, and then talked about other disasters ongoing around the world, the causes of disasters, and the impact of climate change.
Home Page image, Greg Flucker, Ben Stansfield and Cheryl Campbell